Submission Deadline (extended): 11 June 2019 (24:00 CET)
Notice of Acceptance (extended): 9 August 2019
Accepted abstracts will become part of an illustrated book of abstracts that will be available in open access and distributed at the conference. Check out the existing book series.
The conference is intended as reference for companies, politicians, researchers, scientists, investors, professionals and students interested or active in the innovative field of Airborne Wind Energy. Submitted abstracts will be selected and arranged in such a way that the conference will provide a consistent compilation of existing prototypes and models, fundamental theories, current research and development activities as well as economic, investment and regulatory aspects. Besides the R&D and technical sessions it is of special interest to have an investment & finance session. All investors (VC, family offices, Corporate Ventures, private investors etc.) are welcome to contribute their interest, expectation or existing experience about AWE-financing to the conference.
The topics of the conference will include, but are not limited to:
- Historical developments
- Practical experiences and prototypes
- High altitude wind resource
- Wind measurement and weather conditions
- Political issues and requirements
- Drag and traction power conversion
- Performance characterisation
- Flight stability, dynamic models and control
- Structural and aerodynamic analysis
- Kite and tether design and manufacture
- Generators and electrical subsystems
- Reliability and safety assessment
- Economic potential
- Ecological impacts and footprint
- Sustainability & Climate change
- Financing strategies
- Regulations and insurance
- Investors perspective.